Monday, March 2, 2009

Your Everyday Wine Drinker

Welcome to my first ever blog post. I am just your everyday drinker who enjoys wine! I am starting this blog because I want to share with everyone my opinion of various bottles of wine I have tasted. I am not a trained wine professional however I did get to experience hands on what it takes to run and manage a winery and vineyard recently.

The first bottle of wine I would like to review is Ken Brown's 2007 Pinot Noir Santa Barbara county. This bottle of wine retails for about $30-$35 dollars a bottle. The first characteristic I noticed about this wine is the color. Its ruby but yet transparent color indicates a pretty young wine. The nose of this wine is fruitful with a hint of strawberry, kiwi, blue berry, raspberry and finished off with a little nutmeg. This wine is good to drink by itself or because of its youth, it will not over power any meal. I would recommend a white meat dish, seafood or any type of pasta. I noticed that it really helped enhance the butter, spices, and seafood taste of the pan seared scallops I had with it. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi CA Wine Guy. Where can I get this bottle of Ken Brown? I love pinot noir and am always looking for new wines to try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete